Adapted from Natural Beauty Alchemy by Fifi M. Maacaron
- 1 tsp shea butter
- 1 tsp wheat germ oil
- 1 tsp evening primrose oil
- 1 tsp vegetable-derived emulsifier, like glyceryl stearate
- 5 drops vitamin E oil
- 1 ounce (30 ml) water or hydrosol, like rosewater
- 2 drops rosemary oil extract (as preservative)
- Melt shea butter in double boiler over low heat. Add wheat germ and evening primrose oils. Heat until 170 degrees F. Measure using a candy thermometer. Add emulsifier and whisk until completely dissolved. Add vitamin E.
- Heat hydrosol in another double boiler, covering with lid. When both phases reach 170 degrees F, turn off heat.
- Slowly pour the oil phase over the water phase in a thin stream, whisking vigorously by hand or stick blender.
- Keep whisking until mixture cools to 100 degrees F.
- Add rosemary oil extract. Whisk until blended.
- Transfer to sanitized glass jar, and cool to room temperature before putting on lid.
- Dab small amounts of cream around eye area morning and night.